Friday, June 6, 2008

Worship Gathering

We had a great time tonight at our Worship Gathering. Not as many people showed up as I had hoped, but the 15 or so who did make it, made my evening. We had a blast watching Pastor Dave get creamed by his son on Guitar Hero III.



But we also had a great time hearing the vision for Chorus Church from it's founder. I don't think you can ever cast vision enough. And each time I hear Pastor Dave share the vision for Chorus, it gets clearer and clearer and I get more and more excited.

Here are some of the things we went through tonight...

We started with some Guitar Hero III, Hanging out, Cheesecake, Chocolate Cake, Fruit Tray, Veggie Tray and Cheese and Crackers! We then moved into some Fresh Bread from various individuals (that's Christianese for what is God doing in your life). We gave some props to the Youth Teams and went over our new Required Reading List (I hate that word 'required').

The New "Highly Encouraged, If You Don't Do It I'm Going To Be A Little Upset Reading/Listening List" consists of...
This Blog ;)
A tale of three kings - Gene Edwards
SOLO - The Message Remix - Eugene Peterson
Equip - resources for worship - Vineyard's 6 part CD series


Our Suggested Reading List consists of...
Worship; The pattern of things in heaven - Joseph Garlington
The unquenchable worshiper - Matt Redman


We then proceeded to peruse this blog, look at some up and coming worship conferences, review some of the features of Planning Center Online, hear the vision of Chorus Church from Pastor Dave, and watch "100 Years Video" by Five for Fighting (we're showing that this Sunday (might even be playing it if I can get my falsetto working).

We ended the evening with some extended prayer time and then some more Guitar Hero III, Hanging out, Cheesecake, Chocolate Cake, Fruit Tray, Veggie Tray & Cheese and Crackers... Ahhh... who am I kidding, it was mostly Cheesecake & Chocolate Cake! I'll have to run extra today!

It was a fun night. I don't get to just hang out with these guys/girls very much. I love it!

How are you connecting/challenging your worship ministry?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry I did not make it. I had big plans last night, but all of them were crushed when I had my first migrain headache in my 27 years of life. Wow, it is amazing how fast you can go from feeling normal to barely being able to lift you head.

Keep up the good work! Worship ministry is alive and kicking. I miss playing alot!! Cannot wait to get back in the loop!!