Monday, June 16, 2008

Ragamuffintop Challenge - week 3


Well there you have it... Down another 6 lbs this week.

week 1: 179.6lbs
week 2: 175.2lbs
week 3: 169.2lbs

As you can tell by my postings (or lack there of), It was a crazy busy week for me. I found a new running path which is pretty cool. It's about 3 miles and I try to run it almost everyday except for Saturdays & Sundays.

I also broke out my road bike this week and took it for a spin. It was a great ride... about 10 or 15 miles. On the way back I found a nice little rock to run over. It burst my tube. Luckily I was only about a 1/2 mile from my house so I didn't have to carry the bike too far.

I have to admit that I kind of cheated on the weight loss this week. I wouldn't normally mention it, but because I don't want anyone to think that I found some great weight loss program or something, I want to make a point of it.

Our Youth Group is going to Mexico next week. So last week I challenged them to pray and fast for the trip. I won't get into the details of how long or how much (matt. 6:16-18), but let's just say that I didn't eat a lot last week. And don't be surprised if I put on a pound or two this week when I get back into my regular eating regimen. On that same note, we're breaking our fast tomorrow night with communion and I'm looking forward to what God will do!

Obviously, I wouldn't suggest a fast to anyone for any other reasons than your commitment to God. But if you want to learn more about fasting, I would suggest this book. "God's Chosen Fast" It completely changed my view of fasting and the necessity for it as one of our regular spiritual disciplines.

If you want to learn about a healthy way to lose weight with a partial fast, I would suggest Dr. Nick's Big Fat Greek Diet. We had Dr. Nick come to our Church a while back and launch a Health Steward Group. He was amazing. I would suggest this program to anyone who's looking for dramatic weight loss and/or just wanting to get healthy. Check it out!

So there you have it. How are all you other Ragamuffin's doing with your weight loss?

2 comments:

Julie said...

10.4 lbs in 3 weeks is fantastic!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh you are doing great!! So far I have lost 8lbs in 2 weeks but mainly because I went from McD's for lunch to salads and healthy food. But you are doing awesome. Good work man!

Keep it up we are all rooting for you!

Gretchin