Wednesday, December 5, 2007

"relations"

O.K., so last night I had the daunting task of explaining the virgin birth to a about 50 kids from our Youth Group... Now, we meet on Tuesday nights and its a combined group, Middle School/High School so some of them don't even understand what sex is yet (granted, they're in the minority).

So while explaining it I guess I put my fist into the palm of my hand and used the word "relations". Probably not the best way to explain sex to teenagers. I think I even said, "they hadn't had relaaations yet"... All of the leaders were cracking up... the kids, not so much.

Anyway, I got an email from a parent this morning. I guess her daughter got all embarassed when she asked what we talked about. She tried to explain it but was too shy. It's a good thing she's a staff member... I can't wait to see what other responses I get. WOW!!!

The joys of Youth Ministry... I forgot what this was like!