Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Superheros

Here's a picture of my new shirt. My wife thinks I'm crazy... maybe I am but my favorite show is "Heros". I just realized that I'm writing my own blog on their site called 9th wonders! (not really my blog). I can't wait until the season starts back up. My favorite is Peter Petrelli because he somehow collects powers from all of the other heros. That's cool!

What is it with our infatuation with Superheros? Is it because they represent our battle for righteousness in this sick world? Is it because of their supernatural powers? Is it their cool clothes? Can we find any spiritual significance whatsoever in this? Should we even try?

I have a friend that some of you know. I'm not going to name any names (Tom Payne) but he collects superhero comic books. He's over 30 years old and he collects comic books!

What is it that we love about Superheros?

Who's your favorite Superhero?

1 comment:

Skip Crust said...

I'm a superhero guy myself. I think it's we like the idea that we can kick the bad guys' %$@#& and not have to worry about "due process". It's taking justice into our own hands. I've been a Spiderman fan pretty much my whole life.

If you like superheroes, and PC gaming, this game is a must have.

http://www.cityofheroes.com/

Create your own superheroes, with their own unique powers, costumes, etc and beat up on the bad guys. A ton of fun, and extremely addicting!