Thursday, August 2, 2007

Desperation photos and stuff

Well, tonight was the first night of Desperation '07. Worship was pretty good. It seemed that there was something not quite right though. I'm sure that it was probably just the first night warm-up thing... Sometimes it takes a day or two for the kids to really get into it.

The band was smokin' though. I loved the medley they did at the end. They started Endlessly slower and more drawn out. Then they ramped it up and went into a couple of their other songs like "comin' after you" and another (can't remember the name).

Afterwards, we had late night worship with Daniel Bashta. He tore it up with all the passion he had in him. We were in the Youth Room which is on the 2nd floor. The floor was continually flexing under the pressure of 100s of kids jumping up and down in worship. What a night. And to think, it's just beginning!

www.myspace.com/danielbashta

All in all, on this trip, I feel God drawing me back to the simplicity of our faith (and ministry) We tend to make it so complex with everything when it could be as simple as this backboard that they're using for Desperation...


or this simple black and white projected on the wall... simple, but extreme!

2 comments:

James said...

Eric, I couldn't agree more on the simplicity thing. In fact, that was something that God really impressed upon me when we launched The Summit 6 months ago; to approach Him with the same simplicity that we knew when we first came to know Him, to once again have that "faith like a child".

Sometimes we make things too complex to the point where our worship is inaccessible. I've been so guilty of that in the past that I love it when I see those reminders from other leaders who are on the frontlines and in the trenches striving to get back to what really matters; that we are saved by grace.

Have a good one...

eric beeman said...

I'm learning... constantly learning. Today God showed me, yes, simple, but Extreme!

Thanks for the post...