Sunday, May 18, 2008

This week @ Chorus...

We had a great day today... We had a tight little 4 piece band that really nailed it. Rob's been practicing like 5 days a week and who knew that Kevin was such a solid bass player? Robert stepped in at the last minute to play drums and did a great job.

Pastor Dave Challenged our Church to not only pray, but to pray specifically for him and our leadership. I don't know if I've ever heard a Pastor call the Church to pray for themselves. I thought it was awesome!!!

Here's what our day looked like. (Possible video to come)

Band:
Me - Agtr/Vox
Rob Martinelli - Egtr
Kevin Seay - Bass
Robert Landis - Drums

Set:
Everything Glorious (David Crowder)
Forever King (Todd Fields)
-welcome-
Everlasting God (Chris Tomlin's Version)
-message-
Give Us Clean Hands (Charlie Hall [I think])
-offering-
Everlasting God (1st service) / Give Us Clean Hands (2nd service)

Robert had to take off in the middle of 2nd service for his sons birthday party so he asked Daniel to fill in on drums. Except when Daniel came up to fill in, there were no drum sticks. So we did Give Us Clean Hands without a drummer. It actually sounded pretty cool.

I seem to be having a little trouble getting people to commit in the tech department lately. The last two weeks I've been coming into Sunday morning not entirely sure who was going to be doing what. Not really digging that. Granted, there are always the fall back people (Andi & Bradley), but I like to make sure they're not bothered on their days off if you know what I mean.

Do you think it's just the summer months coming on or is it just me? What are some keys to success in this area?

No comments: