Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Worship Confessional 10/14

We had a great week. I've got some video but I'm not sure when it will go up as I'll be in San Diego all week for the National Youth Workers Convention.



So here's this weekend in a nutshell...

We've modified our Order of Service a little. Here's what we did.

Everlasting God (Brenton Brown)
Blessed be Your name (Matt and Beth Redman)
-message-
How Great (Chris Tomlin)
-offering-
Everlasting God

It was kind of cool to only do 3 songs this week. I know that sounds weird. As a worship leader I've always pushed for more time and more music. I think there was more freedom in not having to worry about time as much. I was able to hang out on some of the songs and the band was tighter due to the fact that we had more time to rehearse and sound check.

Now to the details...

Lots of people on stage this week.

Rick - vox
Alexis - vox
Stephanie - keys/vox
Dan - bass/vox
AJ - acoustic
Kevin - electric (finally someone with a tube amp!)
Brandon - drums
me - acoustic/vox

With that many vocals going, obviously there's some potential for train wreck seeing as how my specialty is not harmony. But these guys worked hard at finding harmonys and simply not singing when there's already enough going on.

There were lots of wedges being used too (we only have 4 sets of in-ears). We only used 3 sets of in-ears this week. Some people aren't digging the in-ears for some reason, so we had 4 wedges on stage which made for a loud stage. (see next post)

All in all it was a good week. Sounds getting better, musicians are getting more familiar with the tunes!

No comments: