Friday, February 15, 2008

Deadly Viper


So about a month ago I went to lunch with Mike from "The Deadly Viper". He had posted on his blog how he valued getting to know people and wanting to make more of an effort to do so this year. So I volunteered to be his first.

What a great deal that turned out to be. He really encouraged me on some Pastoral things and then gave me a cool calendar from "The Junky Car Club" and his new book titled "The Deadly Viper".

At first I thought, "great, just what I need... another book." But as I've begun to read it I realized just how much I really did need it. It's a great book!

One of the things that I've really been struggling with is the way that a lot of people look at me. The perception that I get a lot of the time is that of, "a good guy", or a "Good Pastor". Some people might take that as a compliment (and most of the time I do), but to be honest, I don't want to be known as the "Good Pastor". I want to be known as, "that radical crazy guy that's living what he believes."

Tonight in our Bible Study "The Truth Project" Del Tacket made the comment that "if we really believed what the Bible taught, our lives would look a lot different." That is the truth and actually, the book "Deadly Viper" is a lot about that. By Mike's own definition, The Deadly Viper is about living with radical integrity and radical grace.

Thanks for the book Mike. If you get a chance, check out some of his other stuff over @ "Ethur"

No comments: