Monday, February 25, 2008

Cool Stuff - Part 2

What an awesome weekend! Pastor Dave and I have been working on some creative stuff for our services lately. I have to say, it's been an interesting year (I can't believe it's almost been a year). Dave is a Worship Leader and to bring me on staff was a bit of a stretch to say the least. He had to reliquish his worship leading duties and any worship leader knows how hard that must have been! Let me say that he's done it with style.

Think what it would be like, after leading every weekend for years to all of a sudden not get to play every week... or month... or months! He's expressed his desire to get back in the mix multiple times, but both I don't think either of us knew how difficult that would be. Every time I would schedule him, it just wouldn't work out. Sooo, he and I (mostly he) have been working on ways to get him back in the mix.

We've still got a long way to go, but the last 2 weeks have been a great start.

Click here to check out the mp3s.

On top of all this, we had the Youth Band Lead worship this weekend and they brought it like never before! And the kids in the congregation were bringing it themselves. They were jumping all around and having an incredible time. What a weekend! Probably one of the best since I've been there.

Here was our set...

Marvelous Light (Charlie Hall) The Middle Schoolers learned this at Hume Lake and we've been doing every Tuesday night since they've been back.
King of Majesty (United) This is a 411 favorite.
-welcome- (Elena was out of breath from jumping around with the kids.
Everything Glorious (DCB)
-message-
I still believe (Jeremy Camp)
-communion-
Jesus Paid it all (Kristian Sanfill)
-offering-
Blessed be Your name (Matt Redman)

No comments: